In this role you will work with a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians to fabricate our perovskite solar cells. You will be expected to set up, operate, and maintain our process equipment in coordination with the operations and development teams in order to fabricate solar cells from start to finish. Fabrication will leverage several thin film techniques ranging from solution processing (spin coating, blade coating) to vacuum based processes (Atomic layer deposition, evaporation, sputtering etc). You will interact with a variety of equipment includes gloveboxes, pumps, evaporators, laminators, soldering and cutting tools, solar simulators and device testing tools. Additional tasks may include substrate cleaning and organization, solution preparation, and inventory management. You will be part of an R&D team of talented scientists, engineers and experienced technicians who are excited about bringing a new technology to market. Your work within our diverse team will give you ample opportunities to learn about solar cell design, fabrication and scale-up techniques, device testing and much more.
- Must have hands on experience working as a technician or similar.
- Available for second shift operations (2PM-10PM)
- Attention to detail and eagerness for meticulous documentation.
- Excited to work in a laboratory setting with highly specialized equipment and techniques most of the day.
- Closely collaborate and communicate with a team from various walks of life.
- Excellent written and verbal in English.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours.
- Mechanically inclined and willing to learn about equipment operations and maintenance.
- Wet laboratory experience, including use of pipettes, and syringes
- Experience with thin film coating
- Experience with chemical handling
- Experience in material characterization techniques
- Familiarity with mechanical systems, such as auto and HVAC repair, or similar
If this has piqued your interest, we are eager to receive your application.
CubicPV is an equal opportunity employer.