We are looking for a talented Senior Device Engineer to work on our Perovskite R&D Team. The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Improve perovskite solar cell and perovskite/silicon tandem solar cell efficiency and durability through material and device innovation
- Conceptualize, execute and interpret scientific experiments
- Fabricate and test perovskite solar cells and/or modules and report results on a weekly basis
- Identify critical research pathways through assessment of internal results and literature review
- Propose and plan new project ideas and follow through on project deadlines
- Collaborate with external research groups including academic partners and government laboratories
- Establish and follow safety protocols
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of deposition tools and processes
- Interface with equipment vendors and suppliers to meet project needs
- PhD in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or a related field with or without any work experience; MS in a related field with 5+ years of relevant work experience; BS in a related field with 10+ years of relevant work experience demonstrating high impact.
- Strong understanding of solar device materials and physics, and thin film semiconductor device function, especially with perovskite solar cells.
- Experience with spectroscopic and PV analysis tools, such as IV testing; EQE; transmission, photoluminescence, admittance spectroscopy; profilometry; microscopy.
- Experience with thin film fabrication techniques, such as spin coating, blade coating, slot-die coating, thermal evaporation, e-beam deposition, sputtering.
- Strong dexterity and proven excellence in solution-based device processing, particularly within a glovebox environment.
- Ability to perform data processing in timely fashion and disseminate results in oral and written formats.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems using multidisciplinary and hands-on approaches.
- Proven track record of working closely with third parties like equipment vendors and/or research institutes.
- Eager to work in a collaborative lab environment and translate your ideas into results.
- Experience using Design of Experiments tools such as JMP to understand complex systems and optimize processes is a plus
- Stand, sit, or walk for long periods of time performing laboratory work
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Communicate the findings to technical staff in presentation format
- Exemplify team work and strong work ethic