In this role you will work with a team of engineers, scientists, and technicians to fabricate our perovskite solar cells. You will be expected to set up, operate, and maintain our high precision thin film equipment including Slot Die Coaters, lasers, and vacuum deposition equipment. This will include routine assembly and disassembly of complex mechanical systems, visual inspection, measurement of system health. In addition you will be expected to maintain a safe and clean working environment, identify machine faults, and ensure processes run smoothly and efficiently. You will be a key part of an R&D team of talented scientists, engineers and experienced technicians who are excited about bringing a new technology to market. Your work within our diverse team will give you ample opportunities to learn about solar cell design, fabrication and scale-up techniques, device testing and much more.
- 5+ Years experience as a technician or similar role
- Familiarity with high precision measurement equipment including micrometers, levels, shims, etc
- Excellent analytical and observational skills
- Experience operating complex machinery, including vapor phase deposition equipment, coating equipment, etc
- Proficient in mechanical assembly, disassembly, and process troubleshooting.
- Closely collaborate and communicate with a team from various walks of life.
- Excellent written and verbal in English.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours.
- Wet laboratory experience, including use of pipettes, and syringes
- Experience with thin film coating, specifically slot die coating
- Experience with chemical handling
- Experience in material characterization techniques
- Familiarity with mechanical systems, such as auto and HVAC repair, or similar
If this has piqued your interest, we are eager to receive your application.
CubicPV is an equal opportunity employer.