We are looking for a software engineer with deep technology expertise to help us create the best solar company on the planet. This individual will report to the CIO and will be on-site primarily at our headquarters in Bedford, MA and will have the opportunity to interface with virtually all facets of the business, from research to process development to manufacturing and quality control. All work is visible throughout the company, from technicians to senior management. Collaboration and teamwork are essential elements of the job which requires excellent communication skills. Technically, they should possess a solid understanding of current technological trends and best practices for scaling and maintainability.
- Building internal applications to support our R&D efforts, working closely with the DBA, IT, and process stakeholders to produce quality solutions.
- Ongoing maintenance of all developed solutions.
- Maintenance of our legacy R&D reporting frameworks including Python and C# (Winforms, WPF, Razor).
- Proactive identification of software/IT improvement, communication of those improvements and the driving of those improvement to completion.
- 5+ years of proven software engineering experience building applications in a Microsoft .NET environment.
- 5+ years of proven C# programming experience interacting with both databases and hardware.
- General Python (3.9+) experience with databases, UI frameworks, or embedded logic leveraging both matplotlib and pandas.
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or equivalent). Master’s degree is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Jenkins/Groovy experience
- Unix/Linux experience
- Git/GitHub experience
- General T-SQL programming
- General IT knowledge (Networking, VMWare)
- Experience with sensor communication for data collection