So If You Are Someone Who Has
In this position you will be a key member of our world-class team delivering control system hardware and software solutions in support of our manufacturing processes. Work will include the design of new equipment as well as support, optimization, enhancement, and cost-down of existing equipment designs. You will also be part of the team that supports the equipment contract manufacturing effort and on-site commissioning of equipment as it is delivered to the factory.
We are looking for a talented engineer with a good breadth of experience who is ready to hit the ground running and demonstrate commitment to our mission. CubicPV is an extremely fast-paced environment, and you must be motivated, flexible, love what you do, and continually strive to hit technical gates on the path to large-scale, high volume production. This is a unique opportunity to have a significant positive impact on the future
- This position requires a BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field of study, and 5+ years of experience in industrial automation with a manufacturing emphasis.
- Experience with SIEMENS and at least one other mainstream automation platforms (Rockwell, B&R, Beckhoff, Mitsubishi, Omron).
- Significant experience with the development, deployment, and support of robust manufacturing equipment in a fast-paced, active production environment.
- Demonstrated success working as a team member or lead taking ideas from concept through design to full production, all the while demonstrating ownership, flexibility, and excellent judgement regarding design tradeoffs.
- Experience with project management methodologies and demonstrable successful project execution.
- Strong programming skills with a track record building full-scale applications that include safety, process control, motion control, instrumentation, HMI, alarm management, device networks and data collection
- Demonstrated proficiency developing strategic architecture of control software for complex automated production systems.
- Fluency in at least two IEC 61131 programming languages, including Structured Text (ST), Sequential Function Chart (SFC), Function Block Diagram (FBD) and Ladder Diagram (LD).
- Experience with various 3rd party intelligent devices and their integration into both laboratory and production equipment. Examples include vision inspection systems, laser-based cutting/marking systems, data collection systems, various PV quality assessment systems, etc.
- Experience with selecting and sizing of electrical components of control systems. Ability to understand and generate electrical schematics. Familiarity with applicable electrical standards, including but not limited to NFPA 79 and/or IEC 60204-1.
- Familiarity with U.S. and European standards related to equipment design and safety, including risk assessment process.
- Experience with Solidworks Electrical is preferred.
- Experience with UL and/or CE certification processes is preferred.
- Experience in the following is a significant bonus: Use of Microsoft Visual Studio .NET to create WPF or WinForms applications for the purposes of HMI and/or interfacing with external devices (via serial, TCP/IP, 3rd party APIs, etc.) and databases (preferably Microsoft SQL server